As per the Government Roadmap Step 2 we should be able to commence our season 2020/21 at Harborough Leisure Centre from Wednesday 14th April 2021. Note that this may be subject to change depending on Government information nearer the time.
Due to availability of the sports hall, we are currently only able to offer two sessions (of our usual three) and these will be at the slightly earlier times listed below:
- 3:45-4.45pm (previously 4-5pm)
- 4.45-5.45pm (previously 5-6pm)
There will be no 6-7pm session currently, though there is possibility that this can re-commence from 23rd June, depending on availability of the hall.
The sessions are likely to be run under the previous Badminton England guidelines, which include:
- Restriction of 6 per court including a coach/volunteer.
- Groups of 6 will not mix between courts during a session.
- Players should bring their own equipment, including racket.
- Separate shuttlecocks will be allocated to each court.
- Social distancing will be in place wherever possible.
- Parents/carers are not allowed to stay in the hall and watch.
- Players should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the session time.
- Parents/carers and older children should wear a face covering on arrival via the main doors.
- Players may need to leave via the fire exit at the end of the sports hall.
There is likely to be minimal coaching, with coaching being restricted to a single court each week.
An email containing full details has been sent to all parents/carers for children that were previously members of club.